Saturday, December 4, 2010

Salad #2

I just made the chop salad minus the chicken. I can't be bothered to cook up chicken just for a salad for one person, and if I had of planned better I would have made it when I had some leftover chicken to use up. It wasn't quite like the hotel version. I used a blue cheese vinaigrette instead of a cream dressing which gave it a different flavor. I also found the apricots to be a little too sweet. They might have been sweetened. If you aren't a blue cheese fan but don't mind trying this, just ask at the grocery store for their mildest blu cheese. The flavor really mellows out in this salad.
Here are the ingredients again:
Lettuce
Blue cheese crumbles
Grapes
Dried apricot chopped
Walnuts chopped
Dried cranberries
Chicken cubes or shredded
Blue cheese or balsamic dressing

No comments: