Friday, May 27, 2011

Hair Cut Update


After I made my first attempt I have been wanting to cut it a bit shorter so it looked more like a bob. I finally attempted it today. She was not very cooperative 1/3 of the way in, and I had already started so I had to finish and endure a very hard head of hair to cut! I trimmed it a little more and trimmed the hair underneath the back shorter so it curved a bit. Then I looked at her and was scared because it looked a bit too short and wasn't really working. Then I gave her a bath and as it dried it started to curve under more and look cuter, so I think it's ok. Cutting someone else' hair is stressful! This isn't the greatest photo, but it's the best I could get of her tonight!

On another note, potty training is going well. She is in her underpants during the day at home and a diaper at nap and night, but she is understanding the concept and has run to the washroom on her own. She's only had 2 accidents since we started, so that's pretty good. I have a couple waterproof hospital pads that I have been putting on the couch and make her sit only on them though - that save the couch one of the times! She has pooped in the toilet once, so we're happy about that. (Sorry if you don't want to read about this!). The biggest source of contention is that she does NOT want to put a diaper on at night and it's a struggle. I'm sure this is a good thing, but she needs to use the washroom about every 20-30 mins, so that just isn't happening at night yet!

2 comments:

Coral said...

Hi Shannon, It's Coral (Tracey's sister here). I read your blog every once in a while and have a look at your cute family! With the whole not wanting to wear diapers, buy pull ups as they look like underpants, but are still absorbant over night. Good luck on the rest of potty training, just don't be disapointed if (or I should say WHEN) she has a bit of a regression. It's all fun and games now, but in a month from now it's not new anymore and they can then revert back to not using the potty. Sounds like she's doing great though!

Unknown said...

I do have pull ups and I use them when we go out right now, but they don't hold enough when she sleeps. She fills a size 5 diaper so she's not holding it at all over night.