Saturday, June 18, 2011

Aubrey's Room Update

Aubrey had a late nap the other night so we made a trip out to Ikea in the evening to kill some time. I finally got her table - it's meant for a living room side table but at $7.99 it was the cheapest table for her and it cleans up so much better then any of the kids tables. I also got the 3 spice racks - $3.99 each and painted them. I think I might sand the edges and distress them a bit - not sure. Then I put up a little string and some clips I had to hang her artwork. Last night I went to some thrift shops and bought the 3 little orange cups for crayons and the wire round basket to hold her paper. Now - how do I hide that thermostat control?? It's pretty hideous. Maybe I can built a little box around it that hangs on it?
I just totaled the cost of this whole area and it came to $50 - not to shabby!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Shannon, I just LOVE it! I have been looking for book racks and never thought on spice racks.....genius. I think I might have to run over to Ikea later.

Palmer Family said...

That is an adorable little girls room. It looks right out of a magazine. Fabulous job!

Julianne said...

Soooo CUTE! WHat do you mean her room isn't finished? It is adorable!

Unknown said...

well, it is now. I just have to paint her nightstand and it's done.