Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day

 Aubrey woke up 2 or 3 times during the night with bad dreams. Once she said that a big brown wolf was eating her nose and face! At 6am she came into bed with us and we couldn't get her to go back to sleep so we all got up. This was her face when she saw the tree.

 Opening stockings.


 Laying on her huge bear.

 Helping dad open his stocking. I don't know why he insists on wearing his woman's ugly christmas sweater. I didn't even know he still had it or where he's been hiding it!


 Putting her ironing board to use!

 We had the kitchen against the wall with a blanket on it so she could open it last.

 The aftermath

 The little shopping cart she got came with some food she has already placed in her fridge.

 After church we snapped a quick photo

 Sitting down for dinner.

 Our roast beef, roasted veggies, mashed potatoes and yorkshire pudding.

We had sooo much bread left over from our fondue party so I decided to make a desert out of it. I found this recipe for Bananas foster bread pudding. I only had a couple of bananas and a little whipping cream left over so I just used milk instead and then poured the leftover melted chocolate also from the fondue party over the top and baked it. It was so good and I was happy to be able to use up so many of our left overs!

No comments: