Wednesday, January 18, 2012

photography props

I made some new birthday photo props last week for a birthday shoot for a little boy who turned 1. You can see his photos here.
 I found this birthday party hat pattern online and made a matching diaper cover.

I think it turned out pretty cute. I also made a little birthday cake for him to eat.
Which meant there was enough batter left over to make another little cake for us.
I have discovered that my pyrex glass cylinder dishes make great mini cake dishes. I could even make a mini 3-tiered cake with them as I have a graduated set of them. I spray them with vegetable spray, fill half way with batter and they pop right out without sticking and almost evenly flat with a nice rounded edge on the top. I'm never using my non-stick metal pans again!

No comments: