Thursday, June 28, 2012

SUNNY BIRTHDAY

 
Aubrey's birthday card to me - I'm pretty impressed with that cake and all those candles!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday. It actually turned out to be a great day, maybe because my expectations weren't very high! I woke up kind of stuffed up and fighting off a cold starting, I didn't feel like doing too much but it was a nice sunny day - finally! Jared took the car to work so Aubrey and I walked into the village for some lunch and shopping.

We went out for some greek food with a gyro and pitta bread.

 Then we walked to the park where we ran into some friends - who afterward bought us some ice cream cones!

Jared had taken the car to work so he could pick up these cupcakes for me (in lieu of a cake) on his way home. The flavors were: pancakes and bacon, cinnamon bun, strawberry, pomegranate, vanilla and chocolate.

Then we went out for dinner at Tulio's - it's an Italian restaurant really close to Jared's hotel, we had told some friends who visited to eat there and in return they got us a gift certificate.

The friend who we ran into the park was also the one who babysat for us last night so we could go out for dinner (she also brought me cookies the night before - isn't that super nice? Thanks Anna!!

The food was sooooo good. I had some sweet potato gnocci for an appetizer which was amazing and this halibut. It was the most interesting combination with pesto on top, sitting on a bed of foccacia croutons, tomato, radish, leeks and greens but it was so fresh and light and tasty.

 On our way home, it was so nice out and I thought how nice it would be to go for a bike ride while we had a sitter (since I don't have a bike seat for Aubrey yet). I hadn't really ridden my new bike yet and now was a chance. So we went home, got on our bikes and went down the bike path towards downtown and the water. It was a little scary at first (learning to ride a bike again), but it was fun!

Yes, I wore a helmet mom - just took it off for the photos :)

2 comments:

Julianne said...

look'n cute on that bike :)

Shelli McCullough said...

I LOVE your bike. You look awesome on it!