Wednesday, January 9, 2013

LEMONS + ORANGES

I've had fun finding ways to use lemons and I think there's only one left on the little tree right now!
Did you know that a Meyer Lemon is thought to be a cross between a lemon and an orange? It's not as acidic and more sweet than a regular orange. I love it for baking because it doesn't give you the pucker.


I found this recipe for lemon pudding cake. I've never made one before and it was by far my favorite. I'm usually a chocolate person over fruit, but this was pretty good. The bottom half is like a lemon curd/pudding and the top is cake.


The next recipe was for a lemon pound cake. I didn't have any icing sugar at the time to make the glaze, but it was still good. It was my first time making a pound cake.


On our walk home from the park today there was a huge tree of clementine oranges with oranges all over the ground, rotting. It made me sad. I picked one and Aubrey ate it.


When we got home we picked 6 oranges and squeezed some juice. It was really good.
Aubrey loves juice and I hate buying it because of all the added sugar, so this will be a great alternative.

No comments: