Wednesday, April 17, 2013

HEALTHY BANANA BREAD

I made some banana bread yesterday that I really liked and thought I'd share the concocted recipe!


2 cups of whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup honey/agave
1/4 cup applesauce
1.5 cups mashed ripe banana (3 medium)
1/2 cup egg whites (2 large)
1/3 cup greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
.5 cup chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips)

I used whole wheat flour instead of white, honey instead of sugar (I was out of Agave), applesauce instead of oil or butter and greek yogurt instead of sour cream. The overall result was a dense but moist bread that was really good and I didn't notice the flour change as much as thought I might. I think with the bananas, applesauce and yogurt it really helped add the moisture that whole wheat flour needs.

I hope you try it and tell me what you think!

PS. I drizzled a little caramel sauce over the top as we had some in the fridge we needed to use up!

No comments: