Thursday, August 1, 2013

BEDROOM REDO #??

I don't know how many times I've tried redecorating Aubrey's bedroom, but I think I finally have something I like! I kept seeing photos of what I liked but I somehow just couldn't make it happen in my own space.
I started by painting the bed which was just dark brown stained wood (original vintage). I found this coral color at Home Depot and somehow talked Aubrey into liking it - she didn't at first. Now she loves it. phew! I also replaced dark curtains with light white ones and it has made such a difference.
Her room faces North and is quite dark, so this makes the whole room brighter.
Now to spray paint that red lamp - maybe mint or grey?

This was my first quilt I've ever made, it was a good learning experience, but I can't say I'd do it again in a hurry! I just like doing 1 day projects much more! If I were to do it again I would pick solid colors to give it a less country look and more of a modern look, but I still like it.

I cut out the beige polka dot frame on this pillow to try and make iron on frames for the wall, but my starching skills lacked and it didn't work (maybe the wall was too bumpy) so I reused it as an applique on this pillow which worked really. I printed the cat print onto fabric using freezer paper which the largest is 8.5 x 11 and since I needed to cover a 16" pillow I added the frame around it and applied it to the same muslin fabric as the cat printed fabric.


This might be my favorite area - the wall. I finally found the right frames and prints to put together and I really like how it turned out.



No comments: