Saturday, November 29, 2014

CHRISTMAS ADVENT ACTIVITY CALENDAR


After spending much time on Pinterest at all the cute Christmas crafts and ideas, I came across this cute printable advent calendar. I already had everything on hand to make it so that was even better!

Coming up with 25 activities was more challenging. I included a lot of local community events that we normally go to. I also put each day's activities on my calendar on my phone so I can look ahead and make the necessary preparations.


I already had this window already strung with twine and mini clothes pins!

Also this year I finally made us all new stockings. We've had mismatched ones for some time and I wanted a more cohesive look. 


I found table runners at TJ Maxx and turned them into these stockings. They already had finished edges and fringe ready to turn into the cuff. I added some Pom Pom fringe and bells to two of them. I used an old stocking to trace for the shape and size. 


I even had just enough fabric left over to make some reversible throw pillow covers. 

Another Pinterest idea I loved was making this little winter wonderland scene. 


On Monday the tree goes up!

No comments: